Hell's Kitchen Vintage Market 2.8.09

I did mean to post this in a timely manner - i.e. not a week after the fact, but oh well. I'm a big fan of the Hell's Kitchen flea market. I always find something there that I can't live without, and if I had the money and space in my apt., I would furnish the whole shebang with goodies picked up there. About half of my wardrobe and vintage jewelry collection comes from this little gem.

In an attempt to keep the budget tight and "not buy anything unnecessary" (which I warn you is IMPOSSIBLE if you go to this place!) I had purposely avoided it like the plague for the past 3 or 4 months. This was no simple feat, especially as the location is a mere 8 blocks (the small ones!) away from my humble abode. Last weekend, however, I had the excuses of a freelance project and a gorgeously 60 degree and sunny day in the middle of winter :) Yeay!

I found some amazing prints for my client, some cool old chains, beads, and bits for VeridiAum, and several vintage necklaces that I justified buying by promptly opening an Etsy Vintage shop and listing them for sale the second I got home :)


Ahhhh midtown...


a small sampling of the eclectic mix of treasure/trash to be found... (I love crystals. It's a miracle I was able to resist buying this thing.)



Some of my booty - I'm thinking of doing something along the lines of a chunky Lanvin-esque piece with the crazy crystal clusters.



My favorite of the vintage pieces I picked up is this neck collar - it has this amazing persian looking relief.


The prints - they came out a little blurry, but you get the idea. My favorite is the feather - it's a little over a meter long and has a lovely sketchy hand to it. Can't wait to stick it on a dress!

Hells Kitchen Flea Market- Located on West 39th Street between 9th & 10th Avenues and open 9 AM - 6 PM every Saturday and Sunday