The Dead Weather



I have gotten so much flack for liking The Kills...friends and loved ones just don't seem to share my appreciation, but whatever - now I'm prepared to take even more for being so pumped about the fact that VV is the lead singer in Jack White's new band, The Dead Weather!! (wooohoo!)

How could I not have a crush on Alison Mosshart? (Doesn't she look like Kate Moss in that photo?) She's like a modern day Ann Wilson with a touch of Grace Slick - she rocks hard, has great style, and that voice... The way she saunters around on stage ...sigh. Yes, I wish I was her. So - the rest of the line up isn't too shabby either. QOTSA (another guilty band-love of mine)'s Dean Fertita on guitar, and Jack Lawrence of the Raconteurs on bass.

I'll admit that the single didn't bowl me over, but its vibe made me hope for an album that will be a guilty tryst with late '70s style rock. It's supposed to hit in June - my fingers are crossed for something to fall in love with and strut out to all summer long.

The Dead Weather "Hang You From The Heavens" (mp3)

The Dead Weather “Are Friends Electric?” (Gary Numan cover) (mp3)