My DIY Spring Wardrobe - Outfit #1

This year I'm actually going to do it - make all the stuff I've been wanting in my closets for this Spring! Nevermind that my studio is littered with the scraps of this abandoned dream from years past...
Article #1: 1' square knitted mohair - was once to be rodarte like sweater

Article #2: hand painted dress still lacking a zipper (I'm convinced I'll ruin it if I do it myself :S) and needs a hem job

Article #3: cut out pieces of recycled clothing in "me made" pattern for drapey cardigan, yet to see a needle

The list goes on and on.

This year I am going to change my project abandoning ways and make at least 5 pieces! (notice I have not yet mentioned any sort of deadline :)

So without further adoo, here's outfit #1 (yes, it's Rodarte inspired)



I've been fantisizing about delicious layering possibilities that owning a nude unitard (don't laugh - you'll want one too by the time I'm through!) would allow... Like slouchy sheer chiffon pieces, lace, or best of all - a lace knit mohair dress. I already had this amazing blue/grey mohair blend yarn and my big fat knitting needles (sz17 or 12.75mm). I plan on knitting a tube and then topping it with a draped off the shoulder piece. I started working on it a bit 2 weeks ago and haven't touched it since (yes, my old habits begining to take over), but I think that if I work on it for an hour a day it'll be done in 2 weeks.

So now - deadline time. Let's say March 6th? Wish me luck :) I'll share the details when it's done.